Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I'd rather have a 3rd Csection than have this.


After seven months of no problems breastfeeding the Hog...

a duct plugs.
A fever spikes.
Chills and nausea.

Yeah. Mastitis.

And I was faced today with ten hours alone, at the tail end of a Chicago winter, with two kids under three. Feeling hours from death.

Normally, I'd call in the second string (Nana Magic) to rid me of my mothering duties, but she's floating on a cruise ship.

So, I paid a visit to Sesame Street with Moose while Hog napped. With Moose nestled in the crook of my arm and 600mg of advil with a heating pad on my left boob, it could have been worse.

After his Elmo coma, both kids napped.

There is a God.

And I'd like to take him to lunch and thank him for sychronizing my kids' naps...

No comments:

Post a Comment